Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Impuse Two

Foreman- Have you ever used a chainsaw?
Tucker- Yeah, once or twice.
Foreman- Good. Cause we're putting you down the hill with Joe. You cut the trees and we'll haul 'em up.
Tucker- Sounds good. Thanks for the job by the way.
Foreman- Don't get all touchy feely. I'm only keeping you if you can work.
Joe- How's it going? Looks like the main line is down, that means we get a break. I'm Joe.
Tucker- How long till it's running again? I'm Tucker by the way.
Joe- Ten minutes or so. So how long have you been out here?
Tucker- Two days. It's beautiful.
Joe- Yeah, I guess. What brings you?
Tucker- Just looking to get away for a while.
Joe- I can understand that. What are you running from?
Tucker- Nothing. I just need to clear my head.
Joe- Look kid, no one just picks up and moves out here for no reason. What about your family? Where are they?
Tucker- I only ever had one person. She's gone now. Nothing to keep me there now.
Joe- She die?
Tucker- No. She left.
Joe- I'm sorry. Why did she go?
Tucker- No idea. Her letter didn't say.
Joe- What did it say?
Tucker- Just that she was living in New York. She is happier now.
Joe- Huh. Still doesn't explain why you are here.
Tucker- I can't help but try and look for her. But I know she's happier without me. All I wanted was for her to be happy. The further away I get, the easier it is to let go. This is as far away as I could think of.
Joe- Well, you definitely picked the right place. People get lost out here all the time.
Tucker- I might like that.
Joe- It will happen. But it looks like they fixed to problem. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment