Thursday, January 13, 2011

Open Mic

I want this song to last,
I want to set these thoughts apart.
Words on a page will fade so fast.
Instead I'll write it all on my heart.
I need you to understand,
all the things that I feel.
I'll take you by the hand,
I have one more thing to reveal.
You really are a special girl.
One day you are gonna change the world.
You're happy to stay with me.
But darling, you cannot see.
I need you to understand,
how beautiful you really are.
Please let go of my hand.
Without me you'll go so far.
There's something wrong with our world,
too many people are just like me.
You really are a special girl,
you have the power to set us free.
I need you to understarnd,
all you have done for me.
You took me by the hand,
you made me who I should be.
Darling, leave me behind.
There's plenty people left to see.
Move on down the line,
make someone else who they should be.
I need you to understand,
I can't keep you all for me.
There are millions of other hands.
You can make the whole world see.
So darling don't be afraid,
you can make this world a better place.
I know I only hold you back,
so smile as we fade to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment